Lathing is a process of mechanical machining, focused on inside and outside surface of an item. Mainly it’s focused on round and roll-type details, cutting, threading, drilling. Machining is done on a lathe machine with the help of drills, knives and other cutting tools that cut the material into a preset value.
Main types of lathing:
- Working an external and internal surface of cylindrical and conical detail
- Deepening holes
- Threading, external and internal
This type of work you can order us to do based on your drawings or samples. We let you participate in each part of production: from choosing the material, to storing and transporting it
We also lathe with CNC technology in cooperation:
CNC Lathing – how does it work?
- After checking if the machine is correctly mounted, put the desired item inside the jaws of the machine
- Adjust the parametres of speed and turning, write a proper program
- Machine starts working according to the program, the operator controls the dimension of finished parts and lets the machine continue
Types of CNC lathes that we use:
- Engine lathe – very versatile, can work on a wide array of speeds and turns. It’s also effective at machining different kinds of metal
- Revolver lathe – useful with non-standard item shapes, the head can mount different tools which can be used one after another
- Special lathe – usually used with heavy, big or precise parts, bulk or single, for example jewelry pieces, traction wheels
CNC vs manual lathing:
- CNC lathe will be way more efficient with mass production – it’s enough to program it once and let the machine work, supplying it with material
- Manual lathe falls behind with bulk production, because even the best operator can’t make each piece identical to the previous one.
- Manual lathing is cheaper, but takes more time. But at the same time with single pieces it’s faster, because in this time a CNC operator has to write a program.
Call Światowy Mechaniczny Produkt. Our consultants are waiting for your call to assist you.